Thursday, January 14, 2016

Weariness

It is sad,
to have given so much,
that there is nothing left of you,
for yourself.

There is nothing left of you,
for those you love,
for those who love you,
and for those who want to love you.

It was yours to give,
and you've given it away,
to murderers and thieves,
to sycophants and liars.

And now you lie weary,
weary and still,
your heart is beating,
but barely.

Your soul injured,
your feet covered in thorns,
your spirit drained,
your desire turned to ashes.

We are born perfect,
I really see it around me,
children connect to vast reserves,
infinite wells of promise and energy.

I know that if I just lie still,
if I just keep breathing,
I will heal,
it is there...

I have run away,from those
who pushed me to the edge of the precipice
where I stood alone.

There is only silence here,
the beating of my heart,
the darkness around me,
and loneliness abound.

I have run away,
I walked within them
slowly at first,
then broke into a run as they clawed at my feet.

I fought
and I ran,
the clothes of my soul
caught in their lies, and in mine.

I can only hear my heart,
I no longer trust my thoughts,
I am the bearer of my soul,
And that is all that I am willing to do.

I can sense my healing,
it is coming to me,
in the silence,
my peace will join with me.

I have no one to trust,
I need trust no one.
I  have only me,
I hope that I am enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment